Auto Shippers | Best Tips and Tricks
When it comes to transporting your vehicle across country there are so many auto shippers to choose from decision making can become extremely difficult. Today I’m going to share with you the best tips and tricks. Not only on how to secure a vehicle shipping company, like 1-866-Vehicle, but also how to ensure a super smooth transaction.
Choosing Auto Shippers
1. Get quotes first. Find quotes of the auto shippers that you are interested in. These quotes are free and can often be found on the companies’ website. Try to get quotes from a number of companies so that you can later compare their rates. When collecting these quotes initially, rule out the quotes that are out of your budget and then leave the remaining pile alone for a bit - we’ll come back to it.
2. Don’t always choose the lowest price. There are always a few competitors out there who offer super low prices. Make sure not to jump on these offers right away. Oftentimes, you get what you pay for in this industry – and in this case it wouldn’t be a whole lot. Remember, you’re shipping your car here – it must be taken care of properly.
3. Research the company you want to choose. Now we’re onto the research phase. Research is vital for choosing the right company to move your vehicle. Here is where you use your investigative abilities. Find out about the company's history, customer reviews, quotes, and terms and conditions. Some of the players in this industry can be highly unreliable therefore it is important to learn if these companies have the right licenses and insurance. In this stage, you could go back and look at the price quotes gathered at the beginning of your search and add that data into the mix.
4. Make a decision. After you've done thorough research, book the auto shippers which you are most comfortable with to handle your vehicle and remember to read all documents very carefully before signing anything. If you need more assurance before making your decision, call the auto shippers and have a conversation with them. Express your concerns and see how they might be able to help.
5. Have the carrier inspect your car. When your vehicle is scheduled to be picked up, the truck driver should inspect the vehicle carefully and should write all the damages on the VEHICLE CONDITION REPORT. A copy of this report should be kept by you (safely) till the car is delivered.
6. Inspect the car at delivery. At the time your car is delivered, inspect the car carefully again for any additional damage. If there is be sure to have our original Vehicle Condition Report from Step 5 to compare conditions so that the auto shippers will repair the damages.
Well, there you have it – 6 quick tips on securing auto shippers for your vehicle.
More on Auto Shippers
For more on auto shippers, visit http://www.1866vehicle.com