Terms and Conditions
1-866-Vehicle Terms & Conditions
Customer and 1-866-Vehicle Agree To The Following
1. Customer affirms that they are the legal registered owner of the vehicle(s) or that he/she has been duly authorized by the legal owner to enter into this agreement for transportation of the vehicle on the order.
2.1-866-Vehicle, Inc. (here in after referred to as “1-866 Vehicle”) agrees to provide a carrier to transport your vehicle(s) as displayed on the order on or about the dates requested. 1-866-Vehicle agrees to make every reasonable attempt to complete timely pickup and delivery; however, we cannot guarantee specific dates or times.
3. Customer agrees to pay 1-866-vehicle the amount quoted in full at the time of order by credit card or PayPal.
4. Customer agrees to additional charges in the event of the following:
A. Cancellation fee in the amount of one hundred dollars ($100.00) if order is cancelled once a carrier is assigned.
B. Cancellation fee in the amount of twenty dollars ($20.00) if the order is cancelled prior to assignment of carrier.
C. Inoperable fee of one-hundred twenty five dollars ($125.00) in the event the vehicle becomes inoperable for any reason (and the fee has not been previously collected) or the vehicle was misrepresented at the time of order.
D. Oversized fee of two-hundred fifty dollars ($250.00) in the event that vehicle is oversized and misrepresented at the time of order.
5. Pickup and Delivery: The Customer’s/Appointed Representative’ shall be present at the time of pickup and delivery. It is also understood and agreed that if a Customer’s vehicle(s) cannot be delivered or picked up directly to or from the Customer’s door due to restrictions, or inaccessibility, it is the Customer’s/Appointed Representatives responsibility to meet the driver at a designated location.
6. Delivery Dates: All delivery dates and times are only estimates and may be subject to changes without notice due to dependent factors of transport which include, but are not limited to, traffic, weather conditions, acts of God, mechanical events and force majeure or any other particular event outside of the direct and/or indirect control of 1-866-Vehicle.1-866-Vehicle is not responsible for loss of wage, or funds do to Customers arranges for arranging to receive delivery. Force majeure shall include any and all acts of God, weather conditions, acts of public enemy, acts of terrorism, riots, strikes, labor disputes, fires, explosions, floods, and/or any act of civil or military authorities. It is expressly understood and agreed by and between the Customer’s/Appointed Representative’s and 1-866-Vehicle that there are no express and/or implied warranties and/or promises made with respect to delivery dates and/or times.
7. The Customer/Appointed Representative will not use his/her/their aforementioned motor vehicle as a container for personal belongings and 1-866-Vehicle will not accept the abovementioned motor vehicle if it is contains any personal belongings and/or any other commercial property.
8. Trucking damage claims are covered by the carrier from $100,000 up $500,000 cargo insurance per load, and a minimum of $750,000.00 public liability and property damage. ALL CLAIMS MUST BE NOTED AND SIGNED FOR AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY AND SUBMITTED WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS OF DELIVERY.
9. It is the Customer’s/appointed representative’s responsibility to identify any damage to any vehicle(s) by recording the damage on the contract (Bill of Lading) at the time of pickup and delivery. Any claims must be submitted in writing to 1-866-Vehicle or its subcontractors within 5 Business days of delivery, or in the occurrence of failure to deliver, within 5 business days of the date that vehicle(s) were scheduled to be delivered. Customer hereby waives any damage claims that are not noted on the contact (Bill of Lading) or for which Customer has not submitted in a written claim in a timely matter. Under no circumstances shall 1-866-Vehicle or its subcontractors be liable for any incidental, indirect or consequential damages.
10. Under no circumstances shall 1-866-Vehicle, its subcontractors and/or agents be liable for damages assessed to vehicles except for damages to vehicles actually transported and no more than the damages that were caused by gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
11. Customer recognizes and agrees that the insurance coverage may not be an insurance product purchased by 1-866-Vehicle, specifically on the Customer’s behalf. It may instead be insurance represented by the subcontractors’ insurance company.
12. Customer agrees and gives 1-866-Vehicle, its subcontractors and/or agents, full permission to drive, park, store, and otherwise operate or transport the vehicles(s) in any method necessary in order to carry out the requirements under this agreement. Customer shall maintain insurance on the vehicle(s) that shall extend to 1-866-Vehicles subcontractors’ operation of the vehicle(s).
13. Customer understands and agrees that vehicles must be considered in “good running” condition with no more than a half tank of fuel upon pick-up. 1-866-Vehicle, its subcontractors or agents will not be liable for any damages caused by leaking fluids, freezing, exhaust systems, or antennas not tied down. If your vehicle is inoperable or oversize (longer than 16 feet, dual wheels, large pick up, van racks, modified or weight in excess of 5,000 lbs, etc.) extra charges may apply as stated in line 4.
14. Customer shall remove all non-permanent outside mounted luggage and other racks prior to shipment. Luggage and all personal property must be confined to trunk and not to exceed 100 lbs. 1-866-Vehicle, its subcontractors, or agents are not responsible for any lost or stolen personal items.
15. It is understood and agreed upon that 1-866-Vehicle will not be liable or pay for any rental accruals, storage fees, or any additional expenses incurred from a late pick-up regardless of the time of the delay.
16. This agreement contains the entire contract and/or understanding between the parties. No representative, agent, servant and/or employee of 1-866-Vehicle has been authorized to make any representations and/or promises beyond those contained herein and/or to vary, alter and/or modify the terms and/or conditions herein contained. No additions, changes and/or modifications to this agreement shall be binding unless reduced to writing and signed by 1-866-Vehicle and Customer.
17. This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia. The parties further agree that any legal action arising out of this agreement shall be filed in a court of competent jurisdiction within the District of Columbia.